TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE OF CIVIL SERVANTS
Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions of service of a civil servant shall be as provided in this Act and the rules.
Appointment to a civil service of the province or to a civil post in connection with the affairs of the province, shall be made in the prescribed manner by the Governor or by a person authorised by him in that behalf.
- An initial appointment to a service or post referred to in section 4, not being an ad hoc appointment, shall be on such probation and for such period of probation as may be prescribed.
- Any appointment of a civil servant by promotion or transfer to a service or post may also be made on such probation and for such period of probation as may be prescribed.
- Where, in respect of any service or post, the satisfactory completion of probation includes the passing of a prescribed examination, test or course or successful completion of any training, a person appointed on probation to such service or post who, before the expiry of the original or extended period of his probation, has failed to pass such examination or test or to successfully complete the course or the training shall, except as may be prescribed otherwise:
- If he was appointed to such service or post by initial recruitment, be discharged; or
- if he was appointed to such service or post by promotion or transfer, be reverted to the service or post from which he was promoted or transferred and against which he holds a lien or, if there be no such service or post, be discharged.