Department of Cardiac Catheterization & Interventional Cardiology includes 5 state-of-the-art Catheterization Laboratories and offers the latest in heart disease diagnostic procedures to patients. Performing both inpatient and outpatient studies, we do more than 16,000 procedures per year. These procedures are done by both the traditional femoral (leg) approach and the radial (wrist) approach. Diagnostic catheterization is the primary procedure performed in the laboratories which, depending on the patient's situation, may lead to one or more of a variety of interventional options. Interventional services offered to patients include coronary angioplasty, intracoronary stenting, and valvuloplasty. Prompt surgical backup from our world-class surgical team is available for all procedures, though seldom necessary.
The department specializes in non-surgical interventions to treat diseases of the coronary and peripheral arteries. Its physicians offer a premier program providing the latest techniques to open or clear blockages in the coronary and peripheral arteries, such as balloon angioplasty with Stents.
Angiography Labs perform following procedures:
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention(PCI) with balloon and stent implantation
- Peripheral Angioplasty and Stenting (Carotid, Renal, Lower Limb)
- Percutaneous Transvenous Mitral Commissurotomy (PTMC)
- Pulmonary and Aortic Valvuloplasty
- PDA and ASD Closure with different devices
- Treatment of Coarctation of Aorta with balloon and stent